Make your mark on the art world, starting now.
Both the BFA and BA programs in Studio Art will equip you with the skills and confidence needed to build your own studio art practice while simultaneously providing you with the tools needed to pursue work in commercial art and design. As a studio art student, you will work closely with professional artists to help build your techniques and refine your vision.
Our graduates are prepared to pursue their own studio practices as well as work in:
- Commercial art galleries
- Digital design and production studios
- Commercial photography studios
- Professional artist studios
- Community-based organizations
Key components of our program include:
- A two-year foundation program offering classes in 2-dimensional design, 3-demensional design, digital art, drawing, color, and art history.
- Studio art elective courses in digital art, design, ceramics, comics, collage, painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture, and art history.
- A comprehensive visiting artist program.
- A chance to study abroad including Community Arts in Kosovo and Renaissance Art in Florence, Italy.
- Opportunities to exhibit work in one of four university galleries.
- Individual studio spaces for advanced students pursuing self directed projects.
- A mentor program in which students work one-on-one with faculty members to prepare for their thesis exhibitions.
» View course requirements for the B.F.A. in Studio Art
» View course requirements for the B.A. in Studio Art
All students in the art department perform creative work regardless of major. Browse the slideshow below to see a selection of work by our talented students, or view as a gallery.